Hours of Work: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Opening Date: April 13, 2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hiring Salary: $14/hour
General Statement of Job Duties
Choose a professional career in the water industry! CMD employs advanced metering infrastructure such as smart meters, networks, and management systems to read, monitor, and bill for water usage. We are looking for motivated, independent individuals who enjoy the opportunity to work with tablets/laptops and appreciates the physical labor of meter maintenance and repair.
Reports to the Meter Department Superintendent.
- Detects and reports meter defects or other unusual conditions as necessary
- Reads and records meter readings on assigned route
- Reviews and verifies meter readings indicating unusually low or high consumption
- Re-checks meters as necessary
- Assists in investigating water theft.
- Prepares and maintains complete and accurate route records; prepares and submits routine reports, records, forms, etc., as required, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs other customer service duties as required.
- Serves on-call after regular working hours as scheduled.
- Reports to the Meter Department Superintendent.
Minimum Training and Experience
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by experience with meter reading/maintenance, repair work, and plumbing, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Requires a valid S.C. driver’s license.
Chester Metropolitan District offers a competitive benefits package to include vacation/sick leave, holiday pay, State of South Carolina Insurance (health, prescription drug, dental, vision, life) and Retirement System benefits.
Chester Metropolitan District as an Equal Opportunity Employer.