About the Program
Chester Metropolitan District offers customers a rebate of up to $125 per toilet replaced with a high efficiency toilet (HET). Toilets may be single flush or dual-flush designs and must not exceed an effective flush volume of 1.28 gallons. Dual-Flush toilets save water by offering two different flush volumes; one for solids and one for liquids. By selecting which flush to use, you can reduce water usage by using only what is needed. The rebate DOES NOT apply to the regular 1.6 gallons ultra-low-flush toilets.
For a list of qualifying toilets visit https://epa.gov/watersense/products/toilets.html.
- Chester Metropolitan District residential customers. Commercial customers are not eligible at this time.
- Applicant must have an active CMD water account and be in good standing.
- The HE toilet must have been purchased within the twelve (12) months prior to application submittal.
- An applicant will not receive any form of credit if the water account becomes inactive or property ownership changes within 45 days of submittal of a complete application package.
Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis, only while funding is available, or until the program is discontinued. CMD in its discretion, may, at any time modify, suspend, or terminate this program without prior notice.
- A completed Chester Metropolitan District WaterSense® Toilet Rebate Application.
- Customers must provide original sales receipts for the purchase of each qualifying toilet to verify the purchase by that customer at that address. The rebate does not cover the cost of additional parts, toilet seats, or cost of labor for installation. The Applicant is responsible for all sales tax, installation parts (eg. wax rings, bolts, flex hose, toilet seat), labor, and building costs associated with any toilet installation.
- The purchased toilet(s) must be officially identified with the EPA WaterSense® label or can be verified.
- Toilets must be installed at the service address listed on the account and must be installed prior to mailing the application. The service address must be associated with a residential water account.
- CMD reserves the right to inspect toilet installation for verification purposes. If contacted for an inspection, the customer shall agree to allow a post-installation inspection. Inspections will be scheduled between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The total number of rebate credits may not exceed the total number of toilets in each structure at service address. A maximum of two rebates per service address.
- Each new toilet must replace an existing 1.6 gallons or greater per flush toilet. (Instructions on how to calculate the flush volume of a current toilet are included on the Toilet Rebate Application.
- Once the rebate application is approved, the rebate will be applied as a credit to the water account number associated with the service address.
- Rebate application approval and processing may up to 8 weeks.
- Rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price of a new toilet(s).