The Chester Metropolitan District currently employs forty-one full-time employees in Administration, Engineering, Water Filtration, Distribution Maintenance, and Meters. Chester Metropolitan District offers a competitive benefits package to include vacation/sick leave, holiday pay, tuition reimbursement, State of South Carolina Insurance (health, prescription drug, dental, vision, life), and Retirement System benefits.
CMD is a drug-free workplace, and all employment offers are contingent up on the prospective employee passing a SLED background check and drug screen prior to the start of work. Employees are subject to the CMD Drug Testing Policy and may be required to submit to random screenings from time to time.
The District’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final candidate(s) applying for any position with District. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test. Some positions may require the ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License. Candidates may also be required to pass a physical examination, polygraph exam, other skill evaluations and background check screens.
CMD participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Chester Metropolitan District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Regarding the selection process, all applicants are asked to keep the following in mind:
- Applications are accepted through our online system, and only when an opening is available. Resumes delivered to the CMD office may be kept on file for up to six months if the applicant’s work experience matches the criteria for at least one position, whether filled or vacant.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will not be able to contact the individual applicants. Applicants will only be contacted if actively being considered for a position and an interview is being requested.
- It will not be necessary for you to contact us and check on your application. You will be notified by email or telephone if you are selected for an interview.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will typically be contacted within four to six weeks.
- Updated information on available positions is available here on our website.