The Chester Metropolitan District bills each customer once per month for services used during the previous month. All bills are for actual usage (water which passed through the meter). From time to time, a customer may receive an “estimated bill” due to an issue such as a malfunctioning meter or a high usage discrepancy. The estimate is based on an average of the customer’s usage history.
- Bills are typically for a 28-31 day usage period, depending on weekends and holidays.
- Bills are due fifteen (15) days from the “Bill Date”. If a bill is not paid in fifteen days, a late fee will be assessed.
- Customers have an additional ten (10) days to make payment. If payment is not received by 5:00 PM on the 10th day (25 days from the “Bill Date”), a Non-Payment Fee will be assessed and the account will be scheduled for disconnection.
- Depending on your location, your bill may also include wastewater and/or garbage service.
- CMD does not accept partial payments.
- CMD is not responsible for wastewater service or garbage service. All inquiries must be directed to the appropriate authorities.
Customers have multiple ways to pay their bills. Payment may be made in the office with cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card. Checks and money orders are accepted via mail and in the night deposit box located at our drive-thru. Online payments may be made via debit or credit card. Payments may be made over the phone by calling (833) 209-4044.